1/1 Photo of Moist Gingerbread Cake
I love this cake--and it IS indeed moist. From Pamela Westland's "Celebrating Christmas." It is so easy to make. I baked it in a giant gingerbread man pan and decorated with colorful dragees--beautiful! You might consider doubling the recipe, since it makes a small cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg (I like to use fresh)
- 0.25 ml salt
- 78.07 ml pitted dates, chopped
- 78.07 ml crystallized ginger, chopped very fine
- 118.29 ml molasses (I like dark and strong)
- 59.14 ml butter
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml dark brown sugar
- 59.16 ml milk
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1Sift flour, spices and salt; stir in dates and ginger.
- 2Melt molasses and butter Beat egg with sugar.
- 3Add the two mixtures (above) alternately to dry ingredients, beating all the time.
- 4Dissolve baking soda in milk; stirr into mixture.
- 5Pour in 8" square pan lined with non-stick baking paper. Level top and bake at 350 F 45-50 minutes. Let cool on wire rack before removing from pan.
- 6Remove baking paper and wrap in foil. Store in air-tight container up to 8 weeks.
Browse Our Top Winter Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Winter Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Gingerbread Cake
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.3
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 85.5 mg
- Sodium 331.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 59.5 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: