Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Serve with white rice and a steamed veggie.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a pie plate or shallow bowl. This
- will be bowl "A".
- Combine the next 4 ingredients in a separate bowl. This will be bowl
- Dip chicken in bowl A and then in bowl B to coat. Place chicken in a
- greased 13x9x2 pan. Sprinkle the remainder of bowl B over the chicken.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake @ 350 for 50 minutes, or until juices run clear.
This breading rocks! It's very easy to make and is now a staple in our home!
Best breaded chicken recipe I've tried to date. There are a few other variations of this on Recipezaar - some with no real garlic and just garlic powder, and some with more garlic. This one hit the spot for me and everyone else at the dinner table. Delish.
Wow! This dish has loads of flavor and is very moist. I have made it twice already, and will come back to it often!