I LOVE baking, but my problem is I make a big recipe & then I get sick of it before it is all eaten. So I bought a small-batch baking book! The recipes are great & they make just enough for one or two to enjoy. That way you can try lots more recipes! this is one of these great small batch recipes. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temp
- 3/4 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped (about 2 1/2 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon egg white, well beaten
- 2 1/4 teaspoons egg whites, well beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 5 by 3" loaf pan. Line the bottom of pan with a strip of tin foil to fit down the length & up the short sides with enough extra length to extend over the edges by 1 1/2". Lightly grease foil and set pan aside.
- 2Place butter and chocolate in a med. microwaveable bowl. Microwave on med. power until chocolate is soft and butter is melted, about 1 minute Stir until chocolate is smooth. Add sugar and whisk well. Then add egg white and vanilla. Whisk until blended. Add the flour and salt. Whisk well. Fold in pecans. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- 3Bake until toothpick inserted in centre comes out with moist crumbs, 28-30 minutes; the top will be dry and starting to shrink from edges of pan. Do not overcook.
- 4Remove from oven and place on wire rack. Let brownie cool completely in the pan. Use edges of foil to lift the brownies out of the pan. Remove the foil and cut brownie into three servings.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Fudgy Pecan Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.1
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 114.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g