Recipe by Kennybabe
I LOVE baking, but my problem is I make a big recipe & then I get sick of it before it is all eaten. So I bought a small-batch baking book! THe recipes are great & they make just enough for one or two to enjoy. That way you can try lots more recipes! this is one of these great small batch recipes. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temp
- 3⁄4 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped (about 2 1/2 tbsp)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon egg white, well beaten
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons egg whites, well beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom of pan with a strip of tin foil to fit down the length & up the short sides with enough extra length to extend over the edges by 1 1/2". Lightly grease foil and set pan aside.
- Place butter & chocolate in a medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave on medium power until chocolate is soft & butter is melted, about 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is smooth. Add sugar & whisk well.
- Then add egg white & vanilla. Whisk until blended.
- Add the flour and salt. Whisk well. Fold in pecans.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in centre comes out with moist crumbs, 28-30 minutes; the top will be dry and starting to shrink from edges of pan. Do not overcook.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack. Let brownie cool completely in the pan. Use edges of foil to lift the brownies out of the pan.