Recipe by Big Sis
Mama use to make this cake all the time! It's my go to chocolate cake IF I do not have to take it out of the pan.....it's just to moist to even consider that! This is not a light cake, it's easy, usually have all the ingredients in the house (with a buttermilk substitution) and RICH. Wonderful with homemade ice-cream.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Sugar, Flour, Coco together.
- Mix Eggs, Oil and Water together. Add to Dry Ingredients.
- Mix soda, buttermilk and vanilla together and add to mixture.
- Pour into a a 9X13 pan. I always grease and flour, but not really sure if this step is even necessary, you would never want to take this cake out of the pan. I can't imagine it ever sticking.
- 350 oven for 60 minutes.
- * I never have buttermilk in the house, so I use Recipe #124413. I also use Kittencal's #89207.