Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I don't think i will try baking another pound cake after making this one! It has the smoothest texture that is both dense and moist. This is easily put together, and it is hard to mess up! To your own flavor preference, you may add additional flavors such as butter or maple extracts, or 2 tsp. of lemon or orange juice with the zest. let eggs and butter sit out at room temp. for 45 minutes to an hour before making. cake flour is used to increase the smooth texture. Just be aware that you might have the whole thing in one sitting! A friend had this served with peanut butter, but I'm sure this would be delicious served with any icing or spread, even whipped cream.
- 709.77 ml granulated sugar
- 236.59 ml butter, softened (two sticks, no substitutions!)
- 7 large eggs
- 709.77 ml cake flour
- 236.59 ml heavy whipping cream
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml maple extract (optional) or 4.92 ml butter flavor extract (optional) or 4.92 ml almond extract (optional) or 9.85 ml lemon juice (optional) or 9.85 ml orange juice (optional)
- Cream sugar and softened butter until smooth.
- Add eggs in 1 at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- sift in 1 1/2 cups cake flour, and combine.
- Add heavy cream to mixture, stir in well.
- sift in the remaining 1 1/2 cups cake flour and combine until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract and additional optional flavors.
- Pour into Greased and floured bundt pan or 2 loaf pans.
- Place in the middle of a cold oven, turn on heat to 350 degrees F.
- Bake 60-70 minutes, until a knife inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- (the smaller the pan, the less time it will take to bake.).
- Remove from oven and let cool before removing from pan.
- store in an airtight container or wrap with aluminum foil.
This is a nice pound cake. I haven't made one in years so when I came across this one I thought I'd give it a try. I served it with berries and ice cream. Very moist and dense. I'm going to slice and freeze the leftovers for my husband to enjoy during the week.
Made an awesome pound cake even when i substituted the heavy cream (2/3 c soymilk & 1/3 c non dairy butter) and butter for non dairy products... smells soooooo yummy!
Throw away your other pound cake recipes! Absolutely delicious. Has the moist, dense characteristics I was looking for and have Found in this cake. Enjoy!