1/3 Photos of Moist, Dense, Heavy Cream Pound Cake
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
For Goodness Bake!'s Note:
I don't think i will try baking another pound cake after making this one! It has the smoothest texture that is both dense and moist. This is easily put together, and it is hard to mess up! To your own flavor preference, you may add additional flavors such as butter or maple extracts, or 2 tsp. of lemon or orange juice with the zest. let eggs and butter sit out at room temp. for 45 minutes to an hour before making. cake flour is used to increase the smooth texture. Just be aware that you might have the whole thing in one sitting! A friend had this served with peanut butter, but I'm sure this would be delicious served with any icing or spread, even whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened (two sticks, no substitutions!)
- 7 large eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (optional) or 1 teaspoon butter flavor extract (optional) or 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional) or 2 teaspoons lemon juice (optional) or 2 teaspoons orange juice (optional)
- 1Cream sugar and softened butter until smooth.
- 2Add eggs in 1 at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- 3sift in 1 1/2 cups cake flour, and combine.
- 4Add heavy cream to mixture, stir in well.
- 5sift in the remaining 1 1/2 cups cake flour and combine until smooth.
- 6Stir in vanilla extract and additional optional flavors.
- 7Pour into Greased and floured bundt pan or 2 loaf pans.
- 8Place in the middle of a cold oven, turn on heat to 350 degrees F.
- 9Bake 60-70 minutes, until a knife inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- 10(the smaller the pan, the less time it will take to bake.).
- 11Remove from oven and let cool before removing from pan.
- 12store in an airtight container or wrap with aluminum foil.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist, Dense, Heavy Cream Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.7
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 229.4 mg
- Sodium 189.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 60.4 g
- Protein 8.4 g