Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
The name says it all, this is a very moist & delicious pumpkin bread... Great for Fall baking, bake sales, Holiday's, gift giving, and just savoring. This bread needs nothing, but a dollup of whipped cream makes it look pretty :-) I happen to have a very large loaf pan & that's what I use, not sure if you need 2 loaf pans or not for this, but I have also made this in a rectangular aluminum pan.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- cooking spray (Bakers Joy)
- Spray loaf pan with Bakers Joy or grease liberally. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just combined.
- Pour it all into the loaf pan & bake about 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
Yes, it is moist and delicious. I made small loaves for Christmas gifts to neighbors and friends and it turned out very good. Thanks for the recipe!!
My husband loves pumpkin and I make pumpkin recipes all year long, this was so good and so moist and I want to try mini loaves to freeze next time.