Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe when I was 12 and have used it for the past 33 years and haven't found one better! My son used it when he was 12 at the California State Fair and won a first place ribbon with it. It is just simply delicious & moist. I either make a loaf or put it into muffin cups & make muffins for my kids to grab in the morning on their way to school. Using margarine makes the muffins come out in a better form, but the butter has a better flavor, so I usually use 1/2 of each to get the best of both worlds.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3 ripe bananas, smashed (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1⁄2-1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Cream butter & sugar. Add vanilla & eggs. Combine dry ingredients, add alternately with bananas & milk. Add nuts if desired. Grease & flour 1 bread pan (2-3 smaller pans) or pour into muffin cups. For loaf bake at 350 for 45-60 minute Muffins 350 for 20-25min. Enjoy!
- *Note- I usually use a smaller bread pan to make the 2 loaves, or use a larger one and just make 1 big loaf, but it will need to cook longer. I adjusted the time because people had been saying it was over cooking, now people are saying it's under cooked. I would use the old fashion test of a tooth pick at 45 min, then at 1 hour -- up to 1 hour & 30 min if needed. Hope that helps!
Best banana nut bread I've ever eaten! Moist, & great banana flavor. Nuts make it perfect!
Thank you so much! Absolutely loved te recipe super easy and super fast. The entire house smelt so delicious. I froze my bananas and I made it with walnuts. I also put brown sugar on top and slices of banana on top for decorations. My boyfriend suggested putting cinnamon on top before baking it, perfect touch. It was perfect for our sunday night in! Woo
After trying many recipes, looking for the "perfect banana bread"...I found this one, BEST BANANA BREAD I'VE EVER MADE! (I used 4 bananas and only used 3/4 C sugar...will only use this recipe from now on!!!! Thank you for sharing! B)