Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Not only is this cake so very easy it's so good! This can also be baked in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan for about 40 minutes or make cupcakes --- frost with your favorite chocolate frosting or see my Kittencal's Chocolate Frosting/Icing if using a devil's food cake mix you may omit the instant coffee granules or for an even deeper chocolate flavor add it in
Top Review by Julia Chun
Delicious, quick, and easy recipe. Everyone loved it! Some of us felt it was best to eat it while the chocolate chips were still a little melted. Depending on weather, within the 2-3 hours after cooled....probably longer during the summer months. I made my cupcakes exactly as the recipe is written. I topped them with Kittencals Chocolate Buttercream. I'll be making this recipe again this morning for my nephews birthday cake.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup water, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and lightly flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat together cake mix with mayonnaise, water, eggs and cinnamon for about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Divide the batter between the two cake pans.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the cakes test done.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan then remove to a rack to cool completely.
- Frost cooled cake with chocolate frosting.