Not only is this cake so very easy it's so good! This can also be baked in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan for about 40 minutes or make cupcakes --- frost with your favorite chocolate frosting or see my Kittencal's Chocolate Frosting/Icing if using a devil's food cake mix you may omit the instant coffee granules or for an even deeper chocolate flavor add it in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and lightly flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat together cake mix with mayonnaise, water, eggs and cinnamon for about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Divide the batter between the two cake pans.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the cakes test done.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan then remove to a rack to cool completely.
- Frost cooled cake with chocolate frosting.
Delicious, quick, and easy recipe. Everyone loved it! Some of us felt it was best to eat it while the chocolate chips were still a little melted. Depending on weather, within the 2-3 hours after cooled....probably longer during the summer months. I made my cupcakes exactly as the recipe is written. I topped them with Kittencals Chocolate Buttercream. I'll be making this recipe again this morning for my nephews birthday cake.
Absolutely wonderful!!! And how easy was that? I followed the instructions except I didn't have any chocolate chips. I substituted two tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa and two teaspoons of raw cane sugar. WOW - made 24 moist and delicious cupcakes, so chocolatey! And those secret ingredients were so subtle, but so enhancing. I almost don't want to frost them! Tomorrow is our Pastor's birthday and I said I'd bring cupcakes, sure hope I have some left to give him!!! LOL...
Moist and delicious! I made it on (2) 9 inch pans and covered with chocolate frosting.