Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe is from Canada. The recipe came from All recipes and was submitted by Canadian Girl.
Top Review by keeney
For PAC Spring 2010. Absolutely a do again. I have to admit ... I strayed from the recipe. I had oranges that needed using up, so used the orange juice instead of the water. AND because I am I making your Apricot Ginger Chicken for dinner and had way too much brandy for anything I'll ever use, I added 2 T apricot brandy to the mix. Thought I had walnuts on hand, didn't, so used pecans. But the outcome was fabulous. Thanks for the recipe! I'm giving you 5 stars!
- 591.47 ml dates, chopped
- 59.14 ml butter
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9inx5in loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dates and butter.
- Pour boiling water over them, and let stand until cool.
- When the dates have cooled, stir the mixture to break up any clumps.
- Mix in the brown sugar and egg until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir into the date mixture until just blended.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.