Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a very moist cake with almonds and white chocolate chips.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces lemon cake mix
- 3 ounces instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced (optional)
- Spray a 4 quart crock pot with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and pudding mix.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the water, then add the sour cream and oil and beat until smooth.
- Add to the dry ingredients and beat well.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and almonds.
- Pour into crock pot.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours, until top springs back when touched very lightly with finger.
This is a very interesting recipe. It isn't your typical cake--it has more of a pudding/cake texture (hard to describe). It is not too sweet and incredibly moist. However, the white chocolate chips settled to the bottom, melted and turned the edges very dark brown (practically burned). I didn't like the edges because of that, but DH and our guests loved it! Thanks for a unique recipe!