Plan ahead the chicken must be refrigerated in the buttermilk for at least 5 hours, this chicken is double-dipped for an extra crispy coating ---don't omit the baking powder in the breading mix!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin (flatten to at least half their thickness)
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- oil (for frying)
- 1In a large bowl whisk egg; add in buttermilk and 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder; mix to combine.
- 2Add in chicken breasts, using hands turn to coat completely in the buttermilk.
- 3Refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- 4In a shallow bowl combine all breading mixture together until well combined (an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9-inch square baking pan works great for this).
- 5Prepare two plates or a jelly-roll pan (for placing the breaded chicken on).
- 6Place the chicken into a colinder and allow all the buttermilk mixture to drain.
- 7Dredge each chicken breast into the flour mixture until completely coated; transfer to a large plate or jelly-roll pan; allow to sit for 15 minutes then lightly coat once again into the flour mixture.
- 8Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat (use enough oil to generously coat the bottom of your skillet).
- 9Fry each breast until golden brown and cooked through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Crispy Breaded Chicken Cutlets
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.0
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 101.4 mg
- Sodium 325.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 34.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning