Plan ahead the chicken must be refrigerated in the buttermilk for at least 5 hours, this chicken is double-dipped for an extra crispy coating ---don't omit the baking powder in the breading mix!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin (flatten to at least half their thickness)
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- oil (for frying)
- 1In a large bowl whisk egg; add in buttermilk and 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder; mix to combine.
- 2Add in chicken breasts, using hands turn to coat completely in the buttermilk.
- 3Refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- 4In a shallow bowl combine all breading mixture together until well combined (an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9-inch square baking pan works great for this).
- 5Prepare two plates or a jelly-roll pan (for placing the breaded chicken on).
- 6Place the chicken into a colinder and allow all the buttermilk mixture to drain.
- 7Dredge each chicken breast into the flour mixture until completely coated; transfer to a large plate or jelly-roll pan; allow to sit for 15 minutes then lightly coat once again into the flour mixture.
- 8Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat (use enough oil to generously coat the bottom of your skillet).
- 9Fry each breast until golden brown and cooked through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Crispy Breaded Chicken Cutlets
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.0
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 101.4 mg
- Sodium 325.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 34.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning