Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
AWESOME!! As each day goes by this pudding cake mellows and gets better. A very moist cake with a creamy custard on the bottom. This cake is lighter than it appears and would be a good after dinner dessert for guests.
- 1 (18 ounce) yellow cake mix (2 layer)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) instant coconut pudding mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, pour vanilla pudding mixes, cold milk and water. Beat and mix well until blended. Pour over cake batter in pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour. Remove and put topping on.
- TOPPING: Mix coconut flavor pudding mix with 1 cup of cold milk. Pour over chilled cake and sprinkle with coconut.
- Keep refrigerated. Pudding cake will increase in flavor as it mellows in refrigerator after one day. Time does not include refrigeration time.
This was delicious! Would also like to try it with chocolate. Thanks so much for posting!
Super delicious cake. I made whipped cream, not too sweet, and folded it into the coconut pudding. Perfect
This was a delicious cake.I did substitute coco Lopez instead of the pudding mix.I have been asked by my neighbors to make a dozen more cakes!