Recipe by nichole.carroll
I had a whole bunch of apples recently and needed to use them up so I took a zucchini bread recipe that I had and switched it up a but. What I got is a yummy, moist and healthy quick bread made from apples.
Top Review by Lalaloula
This is a GORGEOUS bread! It is so moist and flavorful and the cinnamon really sets it off! I used about double the amount of apples and reduced the sugar by half and that way it had a lovely fruity sweetness. It came together very quickly and easily and tasted just yummy! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely recipe! I will surely make this often again!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups apples, grated (about 2 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, for sprinkling (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Spray loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In large bowl combine flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In small bowl combine wet ingredients, egg whites, vanilla, applesauce and apples.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and spread evenly—sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar or streusel topping if desired.
- Bake 35-45 minutes.