Recipe by CandyTX
This mayo (yes, I cringed first... trust me, try it!) in this really helps keep the moisture in the bread. This is the perfect thing to do with those bananas that you need to do SOMETHING with or lose...
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition.
- Stir in the mayonnaise and bananas.
- Stir together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Blend the flour mixture into the banana mixture; stir just enough to evenly combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake at 350~ until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 50 to 75 minutes.
- Cool loaf in the pan for 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.