Recipe by Kellie in SLO
This has been a family favorite for as long as I can remember. It was the first recipe that I made as a child. This cake is so moist and heavy, and has a heavenly chocolate smell.
Top Review by kiwi weezie
Positively the most delicious moist chocolate cakes l have ever tried and l dont eat chocolate or cake!! lol lt never lasts long once iced.. l did a chocolate/gnash icing (choc/cream) topped with chocolate buttons... Triple chocolate!!! for a function and sure could have done with another one handy! lol just brilliant this recipe!! so glad l tried this one
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk (can substitute 1 cup sweet milk plus 1 tsp baking soda)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can your favorite frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients (except frosting) in one mixing bowl adding boiling water last.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake in a 375-degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Frost when cool.
- NOTE: This can also be baked in 2 (8 or 9 inch) round pans or 2 (8 inch) square pans.
- It will also make about 32 cupcakes.