Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this chocolate cake recipe online a while ago. It is now the only chocolate cake recipe I ever use, everyone LOVES it.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together margarine and sugar.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda; mix well.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Lightly grease 8x8 baking dish.
- Dust dish with cocoa powder to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes.
- Don't worry, the middle will sink a bit.