Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
this has a very fudgy quality, is excellent for festive occasions, with a shiny chocolate frosting that can be decorated Ive made it on many such happy occasions. From Practical Chocolate Cooking by Parragon
- prepare a 33/20cm/13x8inch cake tin with baking parchment.
- In a saucepan melt the butter, chocolate and water over a low heat, stirring frequently.
- sieve the flour and bake powder in a mixing bowl and stir in the sugar.
- pour the hot chocolate liquid into the bowl and then beat well until everything is evenly mixed.
- stir in the soured cream, followed by the eggs.
- pour the cake mixture in the prepared tin and bake at 190oC/mark5 for 40/45 mins leave to cool and then turn out on a wire rack until cooled completely.
- To make the frosting, melt the chocolate with the water over a very low heat, stir in the cream and remove from heat.
- Stir in the chilled butter.
- Pour the frosting over the cooled cake.
- It can get a bit messy but at least it tastes good.
- this will then set and you can cake decorate for whatever your occasion.