Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
VERY GOOD moist chocolate cake! (If I do say so myself!) I made mini ones this time, will post all directions for whatever size(s) you'd like to make!
- In large mixing bowl, combine first 8 ingredients.
- Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla, beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.(Batter will be somewhat thin.).
- Pour into greased and floured 10" fluted tube pan, or "bundt cake pan" as I call them.
- Bake at 350º for 45-50 minutes, or til toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Mini bundt cakes take 20-22 minutes.
- Cupcakes take 18-20 minutes.
Loved this! So moist and delicious. I was worried when it only filled my pan half way but it rose up beautifully. I did want a touch more chocolatey-ness so I think next time I would add half of a bittersweet baker's bar melted maybe also a tsp or two of cinnamon. Great recipe overall - thank you!
This recipe turned out great! I subbed butter for veg oil because I only have extra virgin olive oil right now and it turned out fine. I creamed the butter with the sugar then added the eggs, then alternated wet and dry ingredients in my kitchen aid. I used light brown sugar instead of dark, and the taste was still decadent. They took about 14 mins as I made cupcakes with the recipe. I couldn't taste the cinnamon, but probably a good thing to not take away from the dark chocolaty goodness. I added my photo to the slideshow above so you could see how they turned out! Thanks for sharing this recipe!! Update: These were even better the next day! I'm not going to frost them 'cause they don't need it!
Very good chocolate cake. I got 6 mini bundt cakes and 8 cupcakes.