Recipe by Wildflour
VERY GOOD moist chocolate cake! (If I do say so myself!) I made mini ones this time, will post all directions for whatever size(s) you'd like to make!
Top Review by KellyMac6
Loved this! So moist and delicious. I was worried when it only filled my pan half way but it rose up beautifully. I did want a touch more chocolatey-ness so I think next time I would add half of a bittersweet baker's bar melted maybe also a tsp or two of cinnamon. Great recipe overall - thank you!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, combine first 8 ingredients.
- Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla, beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.(Batter will be somewhat thin.).
- Pour into greased and floured 10" fluted tube pan, or "bundt cake pan" as I call them.
- Bake at 350º for 45-50 minutes, or til toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Mini bundt cakes take 20-22 minutes.
- Cupcakes take 18-20 minutes.