Recipe by Anita Harris
This is a very good peanut butter cookie.
Top Review by Jessica T
A step is missing from these instructions. Step #7 should be: "Add 1 cup chocolate chips and mix. Reserve the rest for topping the cookie." Flattening with the fork is optional. I switched the chocolate for Heath Toffee Bits. Otherwise, great recipe.
- 177.44 ml peanut butter
- 118.29 ml Crisco
- 295.73 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 44.37 ml milk
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 1 egg
- 414.03 ml flour
- 3.69 ml salt
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine peanut butter, Crisco, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with mixer until well blended.
- Add egg and beat just until blended.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture and mix well with mixer on low speed.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonsful 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly with fork tines.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing.
- Store in airtight container.
- Makes 3 dozen.