- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups white sugar
- 8 tablespoons cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 cups pecans (optional) or 2 cups walnuts, broken (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt in a bowl.
- In a large bow l, beat the eggs until light; add sugar and beat again; beat in margarine. Stir in dry ingredients; blend well.
- Stir in vanilla, corn syrup and nuts.
- Mix well by hand.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350: F about 35 minutes or until firm to the touch but not hard.