Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
This isn't one of those sweet, cakelike cornbreads; this is the buttery, cheesy kind you really should eat with a fork. There's also lots of real corn, jalapenos and oregano, plus yogurt makes it good and moist.
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain yogurt (2 of those little 6 oz. containers works perfectly)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (more if you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 2-1/2-qt.
- casserole dish (or 8x8 baking dish).
- In a large bowl combine corn, salt, yogurt, melted butter and eggs.
- Mix together cornmeal, oregano, baking powder and pepper, then stir into the corn/yogurt mixture.
- Fold shredded cheese into the mixture, then the jalapeno pepper.
- Pour batter into the baking dish and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.