Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Don't let the carrot content fool you... These are 'naughty' but delicious! All ingredients are vegan but the cupcakes will be enjoyed by omni's as well!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup tinned apple (blended until smooth)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (drained)
- 450 g vegan cream cheese (I use tofutti)
- 220 g vegan margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 450 g icing sugar
- FOR CUPCAKES.
- In a small bowl mix baking powder and blended apples into a foamy mixture, and leave to the side until step 3.
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add oil, carrots, pineapple, and apple mixture and mix well
- Scoop mixture into 24 cupcake liners.
- Bake at 180C for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before frosting.
- FOR FROSTING.
- Cream the vegan cream cheese, maragrine, and vanilla. (an elctric mixer saves your arms :) )
- Add the sugar and beat until smooth.