Don't let the carrot content fool you... These are 'naughty' but delicious! All ingredients are vegan but the cupcakes will be enjoyed by omni's as well!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup tinned apple (blended until smooth)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (drained)
- 450 g vegan cream cheese (I use tofutti)
- 220 g vegan margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 450 g icing sugar
- FOR CUPCAKES.
- In a small bowl mix baking powder and blended apples into a foamy mixture, and leave to the side until step 3.
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add oil, carrots, pineapple, and apple mixture and mix well
- Scoop mixture into 24 cupcake liners.
- Bake at 180C for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before frosting.
- FOR FROSTING.
- Cream the vegan cream cheese, maragrine, and vanilla. (an elctric mixer saves your arms :) )
- Add the sugar and beat until smooth.