Prep 20 mins
Cook 27 mins
I found this in either Woman's Day or Family Circle magazine and I'm posting it here for safe keeping. I couldn't find anything similar.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled (2 sticks)
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled and grated on medium holes of box grater (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350. Line 24 cups in muffin trays.
- In large bowl, stir together butter, sugars and eggs until well blended.
- Stir in flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, carrots and raisins.
- Spoon 1/4 c batter into each cupcake liner.
- Bake at 350 for 25-27 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in pan on rack for 5 minutes, then remove and cool completely on wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar together on medium-high until blended.
- Add cream cheese and vanilla and beat on medium-high until no lumps remain.
- Divide frosting among cupcakes.