PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this in either Woman's Day or Family Circle magazine and I'm posting it here for safe keeping. I couldn't find anything similar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled (2 sticks)
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 lbs carrots, peeled and grated on medium holes of box grater (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2Heat oven to 350. Line 24 cups in muffin trays.
- 3In large bowl, stir together butter, sugars and eggs until well blended.
- 4Stir in flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, carrots and raisins.
- 5Spoon 1/4 c batter into each cupcake liner.
- 6Bake at 350 for 25-27 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Cool cupcakes in pan on rack for 5 minutes, then remove and cool completely on wire rack.
- 9In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar together on medium-high until blended.
- 10Add cream cheese and vanilla and beat on medium-high until no lumps remain.
- 11Divide frosting among cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Carrot Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.5
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 71.9 mg
- Sodium 175.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g