Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My family loves this carrot cake. It always turns out moist, full of flavor, delicious and never lasts long!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon and set aside.
- In another bowl mix together carrots, sugar, applesauce and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients in small amounts until well moistened.
- Poor into 9 x 13 cake pan.
- Bake 45 minutes. Cool before frosting cake.
- For the frosting Mix all ingredients together until creamy.
I followed the recipe exactly and the cupcakes are delicious! I cooked them for 35 minutes, made 26 cupcakes.