Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Amazing muffins! The cinnamon makes a big difference so don't leave it out.
Make and share this Moist Carrot Cake Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix cereal and milk in another bowl, let stand for 3 minutes.
- Mix in carrots, sugar, egg and oil.
- Add to flour mixture until moist (Batter will be lumpy).
- Stir in raisins.
- Grease muffin pan and spoon batter into muffin pan filling each cup to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- STORAGE: Cool leftover muffins and wrap each tightly with plastic wrap and freeze.
Awesome recipe!!! The muffins were so moist!!! The only thing I would do differently is add a little white sugar (I have a huge sweet tooth!), but other than that I would not change a thing!
These are GOOOOOOOOD. :) You can mix up a batch of these gems in no time at all. I cut the recipe in half, but used the whole egg, and the carrots were grated.. Other than that, I followed the recipe as written. These baked up in 20 minutes in the toaster oven. Amazingly moist and such wonderful flavour. HoneyBunny....I guarantee these will be made often. ;) Honoured to make this as a "Thank You" for voting for Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia in the 2010 Kraft Hockeyville Competition.
These are really good! I have to admit I took several liberties with the recipe--reduced the sugar a bit, used zucchini instead of carrot, and used fresh blueberries and 1/8 c walnuts instead of raisins. That said, I feel confident giving this a star rating because the proportions are perfect, the spice is great, and the muffins bake up big and beautiful! Thanks for posting, clearly this is a great recipe for using up what you've got and will come in quite handy!