Recipe by HappyBunny
Amazing muffins! The cinnamon makes a big difference so don't leave it out.
Top Review by Asmaa M.
Awesome recipe!!! The muffins were so moist!!! The only thing I would do differently is add a little white sugar (I have a huge sweet tooth!), but other than that I would not change a thing!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bran flakes
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix cereal and milk in another bowl, let stand for 3 minutes.
- Mix in carrots, sugar, egg and oil.
- Add to flour mixture until moist (Batter will be lumpy).
- Stir in raisins.
- Grease muffin pan and spoon batter into muffin pan filling each cup to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- STORAGE: Cool leftover muffins and wrap each tightly with plastic wrap and freeze.