Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this in a Holiday Desserts (KRAFT/JELL-O) magazine while standing in line at the grocery store. It's a great dessert that can be done anytime of the year.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 medium granny smith apples, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees and flour a 10 inch bundt pan. Beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, eggs and oil in large bowl on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Gently stir in the apples. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.Cool 20 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Microwave caramels and milk in microwavable bowl on HIGH for 1-1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds (so it doesn't burn)until blended. Cool 10 minutes until thickened slightly. Drizzle over cake.
- Top with whipped topping when serving.
I love this cake! Not too sweet, and so good. I've made it several times. I use canned caramel ice cream topping rather than mess with unwrapping and melting caramels. Works great! Do the topping as you serve it though or it gets soggy.