Recipe by shawnajean
This is a good fall recipe for apple season.
Top Review by charlie_kpmg
This cake is great the way it is, although a little bland so what I did was substitute 1/2 of run for 1/2 cup of water and it really made a difference. I made this cake at Christmas and it was a big success. Please try this substitution and see what you think, although any liquor could be substituted.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (or sugar free)
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 12 cup fluted tube pan or 10 inch tube pan.
- Beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, eggs and oil in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed 2 minute Gently stir inapples. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 min to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 min.; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Microwave caramels and milk in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min., stirring every 30 sec. until blended. Cool 10 minute until slightly thickened. Drizzle over cake.