Recipe by Courtly
From TOH. It has the perfect amount of everything, including semisweet chocolate chips and pecans. Yummy!
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- confectioners' sugar
- pecan halves, toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Whisk in cocoa and oil until smooth. Cook and stir over low heat until cocoa is blender. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to cocoa mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Spread into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Garnish with pecan halves if desired.