Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very moist but fattening, can substitute the oil for applesauce for a lower fat version
- 1 cup butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cinnamon (or as much as you want, to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line your brownie pan with tin foil and coat with Crisco, butter, or Pam.
- Melt the butter, the chocolate and the olive oil together and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with flavorings (the sugars, salt, vanilla and cinnamon).
- Stir in the melted chocolate mixture to the sugar and egg mixture.
- Add the flour and stir until the batter is just combined.
- Pour into your prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes or until done.
I haven't made these yet, but I just had to say something about the olive oil being substituted with Apple sauce for a lower fat version... Really? With the 2 cups of sugar and a bag of chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons of apple sauce is not going to make this recipe any kind of 'low fat' lol
Wow! These were great brownies! Loved the addition of cinnamon...we added about 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and it was perfect. These are very rich and make for a perfect indulgent, guilty pleasure! I was a little concerned about olive oil in brownies, but it turned out fine. I wouldn't change a thing...this recipe is going in my favorites file and will be made regularly at our house. Thanks for sharing this great recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2010...you've been adopted!