Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Happened by chance and turned out the way i like it. A brownie that is moist, nutty, chocolatey and slightly cakey.
- 125gm butter - softened.
- 1 TEAcup sugar - (half brown/white).
- 2 eggs - room temperature.
- 3 tbs condensed milk - if you dont have this perhaps you can use syrup.
- mix well.
- add (all below should be sifted).
- 3/4 teacup self raising flour.
- half tsp baking powder.
- 1/3 tsp salt.
- 1/2 teacup cocoa.
- 1 teacup chopped nuts - i used walnuts + cashews.
- 125gm baking chocolate chopped well.
- 3 tbs baileys or rum or other preferred liquer - if you dont want to use alcohol, you could add some coffee, cinnamon, vanilla, -- etc.
- mix by hand.
- spread evenly in lined tin 4 x 9".
- bake in preheated oven, 175C for about 45 minutes If using a wider pan - thinner spread, reduce baking time -- should not overbake. :).
- Remove and cool on rack.