Recipe by txzuckerbaeckerin
Revised version!This makes a moist, yummy and filling bread pudding. Nothing for a lean cuisine! .
Top Review by ColoradoCookin'
It was... awful. In all my reviews this is only the second one in my 3 years with zaar that I've given 1 star. The flavors do NOT mix and it was just plan gross. I didn't taste enough of it for texture or anything else. Just 1 teaspoon for each person in my house yielded the "EW YUCK" reaction!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup softened unsalted butter
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 6 slices white bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease crock pot.
- If you decide to use raisins, plumb them in some water with 1 tsp rum.
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes.
- Beat butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, flavors and spices.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Drain raisins and sprinkle over bread cubes into pot.
- Pour the milk mix slowly over all the bread, making sure to moisten all pieces.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Do not lift the lid, while cooking!
- Let cool until room temp, as it will set and become "spongy".
- Best with thick vanilla sauce or a bourbon sauce.