Cook1 hr 15 mins
I've tried a lot of banana bread recipes and this is by far the best I've ever tasted! I found the recipe in the Utah Dining Car Cookbook by the Junior League of Ogden.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar thoroughly.
- Add the bananas, eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into the banana mixture, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Add walnuts and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.