1/1 Photo of Moist Banana Walnut Bread
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Kim D.'s Note:
I've tried a lot of banana bread recipes and this is by far the best I've ever tasted! I found the recipe in the Utah Dining Car Cookbook by the Junior League of Ogden.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- 3Cream the butter and sugar thoroughly.
- 4Add the bananas, eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- 5Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 6Stir flour mixture into the banana mixture, alternating with the buttermilk.
- 7Add walnuts and mix well.
- 8Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- 9Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 10Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Banana Walnut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4489.7
- Calories from Fat 1889
- Total Fat 209.9 g
- Saturated Fat 97.5 g
- Cholesterol 742.9 mg
- Sodium 4503.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 617.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.9 g
- Sugars 366.9 g
- Protein 62.4 g