Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I adapted my banana bread recipe into a streusel muffin recipe. The muffins are moist inside with a satisfying crunch on top. Stir in nuts if desired, but that is a no-go in our house.
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 78.07 ml sour cream
- 0.25 ml salt
- 473.18 ml sifted flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream shortening and white sugar together.
- Add beaten eggs and mashed bananas.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda together and add to banana mixture. Batter will be on the thicker side.
- For streusel, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter.
- Line or grease a muffin tin. Fill cups 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.