Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I adapted my banana bread recipe into a streusel muffin recipe. The muffins are moist inside with a satisfying crunch on top. Stir in nuts if desired, but that is a no-go in our house.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream shortening and white sugar together.
- Add beaten eggs and mashed bananas.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda together and add to banana mixture. Batter will be on the thicker side.
- For streusel, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter.
- Line or grease a muffin tin. Fill cups 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.