Recipe by PSU Lioness
I adapted my banana bread recipe into a streusel muffin recipe. The muffins are moist inside with a satisfying crunch on top. Stir in nuts if desired, but that is a no-go in our house.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream shortening and white sugar together.
- Add beaten eggs and mashed bananas.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda together and add to banana mixture. Batter will be on the thicker side.
- For streusel, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter.
- Line or grease a muffin tin. Fill cups 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.