Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The best recipe I've found to get that wonderful, dense, moist banana bread with a hint of pumpkin spice. I've made many banana bread recipes, and after tweaking them here and there came up with this one that every asks for again and again.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can canned pumpkin
- 1 large mashed banana (or 1 1/2 small bananas)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or 1/4 cup yogurt)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together sugars, oil and eggs.
- Add mashed banana, pumpkin, and milk (or yogurt).
- Mix dry ingredients together. Slowly add to wet ingredients, mixing as you go.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan, leaving about an inch of room at the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Enjoy!
This was very moist and delicious! I will make it again & again... I used milk, and will try the yogurt next time - just to check out the difference. The only thing I'd change is the spices... it was VERY pumpkin spicy & I may back off on the quantities just a bit next time. I love the idea of cream cheese pumpkin butter mentioned in another review. :) Cheers!
LOVE that this uses oil vs shortening! Made 18 muffins. Can't taste banana at all, which is ok. Spice is definitely more than a hint, as listed in recipe, but fine as is. I did use nuts and also threw in some mini chocolate chips, which I wd not do again. They are just lost in the harvest flavors.
Made this tonight and it was wonderful! Very moist! Will be making this again and again!