Recipe by 1029111
The best recipe I've found to get that wonderful, dense, moist banana bread with a hint of pumpkin spice. I've made many banana bread recipes, and after tweaking them here and there came up with this one that every asks for again and again.
Top Review by ~Cheryl~
This was very moist and delicious! I will make it again & again... I used milk, and will try the yogurt next time - just to check out the difference. The only thing I'd change is the spices... it was VERY pumpkin spicy & I may back off on the quantities just a bit next time. I love the idea of cream cheese pumpkin butter mentioned in another review. :) Cheers!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can canned pumpkin
- 1 large mashed banana (or 1 1/2 small bananas)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or 1/4 cup yogurt)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together sugars, oil and eggs.
- Add mashed banana, pumpkin, and milk (or yogurt).
- Mix dry ingredients together. Slowly add to wet ingredients, mixing as you go.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan, leaving about an inch of room at the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Enjoy!