Recipe by Village Cafe
Want moist muffins that the whole family will just gobble up these are the ones.
Top Review by Wish I Could Cook
Great muffin recipe! I used half and half whole wheat pastry flour and half white. I also added walnuts and substituted soymilk for the water. When I make these again, I'll combine the margarine, sugar bananas, water (soymilk) vanilla and chocolate chips. Then add in the flour with the baking soda and baking powder. In my opinion, mixing in the order described in the recipe makes it too easy to overmix. But it's a great, easy receipe and I'll be making it every time my bananas turn brown. Also, I made them as jumbo muffins by increasing the heat to 375 and increasing the time to 25 minutes.
- 1⁄2 cup soy margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- mix sugar and margarine together in large bowl.
- add chocolate chips and bananas and mix together.
- add all dry ingredients.
- mix vanilla to water then mix with all ingredients.
- fill muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until knife comes out clean when inserted.