Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is so nummy and moist!
Make and share this Moist Banana Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄8 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a small bowl, mix mashed bananas with lemon juice, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Stir in banana mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- For the frosting: In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add confectioners sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high until frosting is smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- You can add walnuts or pecans to the cake or sprinkle them on top of the frosting.
Excellent recipe. Makes plenty of icing for a 13x9 pan. Nice texture.