Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a great banana bread recipe. Banana's are among the only foods i DON'T like, but this bread is great! The recipe is from a church cookbook, and was submitted by Sally A. Springborn.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingrediants and pour into a greased bread pan.
- Bake at 300 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Test for doneness with a toothpick. Sometimes it will need 10-15 more minutes. Let cool before removing from pan.
THIS IS GREAT!!
I made a triple batch, and everyone loved it! But...I went to put something in the microwave and found the 3 sticks of butter I was supposed to put in the batter (the next day). So its great with no butter!
Too salty and not sweet enough. I would suggest reducing the amount of salt and maybe increasing the amount of sugar.
This is the best banana bread recipe EVER!!! I've never tasted better! Super moist, super easy, and super delicious!! I love that it takes only 5 minutes to prep, and then you throw it in the oven for an hour! Really convenient! The first time I made it, I added 2-3 tsps of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg, and my whole family loved it! I've made it over and over again with great results each time! It's addictive!! Thanks swimmer175!