Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is the moistest banana bread I have ever had. It doesn't last long around here. I usually like it best without the nuts.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven 325°F.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick spray and dust with flour.
- Cream the bananas and sugar together with your mixer.
- Add melted butter and mix.
- Beat eggs and add to mixture. Mix.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix.
- Add vanilla, sour cream, and nuts if desired. Mix.
- Pour into 2 loaf pans and bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
This recipe was excellent. I made it as both bread and muffins. I have it in the oven now, and I did just try margerine instead of butter, so I will have to see how that changes the flavor. Great recipe, very moist.
This banana bread is extremely delicious and moist! I added one cup of oatmeal instead of nuts to increase the fiber, and it turned out great!