1/1 Photo of Moist Banana Bread
1 hr 15 mins
My husband never like banana bread until I developed this uniquely textured version made with yogurt. These loaves freeze well: wrap in foil and freeze; thaw in foil until room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 236.59 ml mashed very ripe banana (about 3 medium)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml plain yogurt
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts, preferably toasted
- 29.58 ml wheat germ (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cream margarine and sugar.
- 3Add eggs, beating well.
- 4Beat in bananas and vanilla until well blended.
- 5Stir dry ingredients together; combine with first mixture.
- 6Stir in yogurt and nuts.
- 7Pour into 2 small (7 x 3") greased loaf pans or 1 large (9 x 5") greased loaf pan.
- 8If desired, sprinkle wheat germ over top.
- 9Bake 1 hour for small loaves and 80 minutes for large loaf.
- 10Do NOT underbake as the yogurt makes this very moist.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1743.5
- Calories from Fat 811
- Total Fat 90.1 g
- Saturated Fat 37.6 g
- Cholesterol 319.9 mg
- Sodium 2058.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 211.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 117.1 g
- Protein 32.3 g