1/2 Photos of Moist Baked Oatmeal
Engineer in the Kitchen's Note:
This recipe is adapted from Gourmet Magazine Dec 2007 Issue. The recipe calls for dried raisins but I use whatever I have on hand which is a bunch of different dried fruits. The texture is somewhere between bread pudding and cake. I omitted the sugar from this recipe, you might want to add between 2 Tb and 1/4 cup to the oat mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350°F Spray with non-stick an 8-in square baking dish.
- 2Mix oats, dried fruits, baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and salt.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix applesauce, yogurt, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into oat mixture and pour in baking dish.
- 4Smooth surface and sprinkle with cinnamon on top.
- 5Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 6Cool in pan for 20 to 30 minutes, cut into 6 squares and cool completely. Park in the fridge.
- 7When ready to serve them, put a piece on a plate, drizzle with a couple of tablespoons of milk, heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Add fresh fruits on top and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Baked Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.7
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.3 mg
- Sodium 468.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 17.5 g