Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Chicken parts are dipped in melted butter, then coated with a mixture of garlic powder, potato flakes and parmesan cheese and baked until crispy and moist. This is really good stuff.
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 1 1⁄3 cups instant mashed potatoes (dry flakes)
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Line a 13x9-inch pan with foil and preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the potato flakes, parmesan cheese and garlic powder in a bowl and blend well.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the butter, then roll in the potato mixture.
- Place coated chicken in the pan and sprinkle with leftover potato mixture.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until juices are clear.
I've made this a few times now and we always enjoy it. It's just a tad on the bland side for me, but I add a little Worc. sauce and dijon mustard to the butter and that does the trick. Thanks for posting Marie!
The chicken was definitely moist and delicious, and I was looking for a batter with a small amount of ingredients, which I happened to have on hand. I don't know if I'll bake this again since we prefer a crispier skin.
Very yummy and quick to put together. I found this recipe and got it in the oven in less than 15 minutes. Made for a delicious weekday meal with little effort. Lining the pan with foil is a must. I also melted the butter in the pan and dipped the chicken before breading. Used 4 chicken breasts with bones and skin. If butter is unsalted, I'd add some salt to the crumb mix. Result was very moist and delicious. Thanks, Marie!