Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a wonderful comfort food and has become one of my family's favorite pork chop recipes --- you may season the breadcrumbs anyway desired adding in Parmesan cheese to your breadcrumb mixture will only improve the flavor --- depending on the size of your pork chops one more won't hurt if you have the room in your baking pan, and baking time will vary depending on the thickness, do not use fast-fry for this -- this is *very* good!
Top Review by susie61
yummy pork chops! kittencal, i'm never disappointed with your recipes. thanks for posting! my only suggestion to others who make this recipe is to use pork chops with a little fat on them. i used extremely lean chops and they were a little dry. just sliced them thin and piled on the great sauce! served with scalloped pototoes. very well received! p.s. used fresh mushrooms and added the parmesan directly into the mushroom gravy. thanks again, kittencal!
- 6 pork chops (do not use fast-fry pork chops)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs (see Kittencal's Seasoned Dry Italian Breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, well drained
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine (can use a few tablespoons more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Pat the pork chops dry using paper towels, then season with seasoned salt and garlic powder pepper.
- Place the eggs in a bowl, then flour in another bowl and the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dredge the pork chops firstly in flour then in eggs allowing any excess egg to drip off.
- Lastly coat in seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Brown the pork chops in hot oil about 4-5 minutes per side or until the breading is light golden brown.
- Transfer the chops to the baking dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile in a bowl combine cream of mushroom soup with sliced mushrooms, milk, white wine, black pepper and cayenne pepper (if using).
- After the 1 hour baking pour the mushroom gravy over the pork chops, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Replace the foil and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until chops are tender.