1/7 Photos of Moist Baked Breaded Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a wonderful comfort food and has become one of my family's favorite pork chop recipes --- you may season the breadcrumbs anyway desired adding in Parmesan cheese to your breadcrumb mixture will only improve the flavor --- depending on the size of your pork chops one more won't hurt if you have the room in your baking pan, and baking time will vary depending on the thickness, do not use fast-fry for this -- this is *very* good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 pork chops (do not use fast-fry pork chops)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs (see Kittencal's Seasoned Dry Italian Breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 2Pat the pork chops dry using paper towels, then season with seasoned salt and garlic powder pepper.
- 3Place the eggs in a bowl, then flour in another bowl and the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- 4Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 5Dredge the pork chops firstly in flour then in eggs allowing any excess egg to drip off.
- 6Lastly coat in seasoned breadcrumbs.
- 7Brown the pork chops in hot oil about 4-5 minutes per side or until the breading is light golden brown.
- 8Transfer the chops to the baking dish.
- 9Cover with foil.
- 10Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 11Bake for about 1 hour.
- 12Meanwhile in a bowl combine cream of mushroom soup with sliced mushrooms, milk, white wine, black pepper and cayenne pepper (if using).
- 13After the 1 hour baking pour the mushroom gravy over the pork chops, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 14Replace the foil and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until chops are tender.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Baked Breaded Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 743.7
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 214.1 mg
- Sodium 1602.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 53.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: