1/6 Photos of Moist and Tender Turkey Breast
3 hrs 10 mins
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
A girlfriend told me about the mayo trick when I was first married and I've never roasted a turkey or turkey breast without it since. The skin is crisp and flavorful and the meat is tender, moist and delicious. If you don't use the butter and broth, you will not have enough pan drippings to make gravy and you don't want to do that because this combo makes the best tasting gravy I've ever had. I've also added 1/2 cup of beer or wine to the mixture before and it was also spectacular. With slow roasting it, the meat stays so juicy I've actually had it squirt out when I insert the thermometer! I've never had a better turkey or turkey breast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place turkey or turkey breast in a roasting pan.
- 2(I use a foil-lined 13x9-inch pan) Combine melted butter and chicken broth.
- 3Pour over turkey.
- 4Rub mayonnaise all over turkey's exterior.
- 5Salt lightly if desired.
- 6Roast at 300°-325°F until internal temperature reaches 170°F on an instant read thermometer. (I raise the temperature to 350° for the last approximate 30-45 minutes to crisp skin).
- 7Remove from oven and let sit for about 30 minutes before slicing.
- 8Note: because the butter and broth are for making gravy, if you need to make a lot of gravy, double the amount of both.
- 9To make gravy: pour pan drippings into a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add 1 Tbls. cornstarch per cup of broth/drippings to 1/4 cup cold water. (You'll usually need 2-3 Tbls) Mix well to dissolve. Stir cornstarch mixture into broth and stir until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste. If too thin, dissolve more cornstarch in water and add until desired thickness. If too thick, add water or more broth to thin.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist and Tender Turkey Breast
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.2
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 133.3 mg
- Sodium 247.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 42.0 g