Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is moist and delicious. I came up with this recipe as an alternative to the usual dinner rolls always served in restaurants. I wanted to find a way to keep it moist, if there were leftovers....well there never were!! Many times people would opt for a piece of this with honey butter over dessert.I made this in large batches, and didnt really measure to any certain degree, but i think i came up with it for a smaller batch.
- 3 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes corn muffin mix (i used jiffy mix)
- 3 eggs, slighty beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- honey butter
- softened butter or margarine
- Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir with wooden spoon till well mixed. There should still be a few lumps.
- Put in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes. Bake until set, and light golden brown and edges just start to pull away from pan. You dont want to overbake it.
- Serve warm with honey butter.
- Mix equal parts of butter or margarine and honey for the honey butter. will keep for weeks in the frig.
- Keep leftover cornbread covered and in frig. reheat in microwave to warm up.