Recipe by crispychick
I took measurements this time when I whipped up my cornbread. It's a really moist and cakelike cornbread. Cook time is a guess, as I really forgot to take note of how long it was in the oven. Bake until just set.
- 1 1⁄3 cups white cornbread mix
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 6 tablespoons butter (divided)
- chopped jalapenos or onion
Directions See How It's Made
- While mixing the cornbread, be melting 4 T butter in an 8" cast iron skillet.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and sour cream. Stir in the rest of the ingredients, including the melted butter.
- Add remaining 2 T butter to the skillet and once it's melted pour the cornbread mix into the skillet.
- Place in the oven and bake until just set (30-45 minutes).